THE STRONG CHALLENGE: Week 5: SERVE
Week 5: SERVE
Serving and volunteering can make an immeasurable difference in the lives of others and is usually done with the core intention of helping others. But did you know that volunteering can benefit your own health as well?
This week, along with your 20-minute fitness goals, open up a can of helping & serving others. You will be transformed--- this is how we get STRONG.
Ideas to on ways to serve to help you get STRONG.
VIRTUAL FITNESS OFFERINGS
30 WAYS TO SERVE
1. Donate to your local communities' Thanksgiving food drive
2. Mow a neighbors lawn or rake leaves
3. Send a gift certificate to someone who lost their job
4. Ask your Y about current volunteer opportunities (Clean Up Days at Y Camp Ingersoll)
5. Donate food (YMCA Men's Residence Food pantry)
6. Donate a toy to your communities' local toy drive
7. Mentor a youth (Big Brothers/Big Sisters)
8. Fill a box of some good stuff and donate it (Goodwill)
9. Buy school supplies for youth (bring it to you local school)
10. Be kind to someone in need
11. Help someone find a job (use your network)
12. Pay for someone’s coffee (Starbucks)
13. Write an inspiring article and share it (LinkedIn)
14. Donate books to your local library
16. Sponsor someone (Help send a kid to Y Camp Ingersoll)
17. Donate Blood (Blood Bank)
18. Donate to a friend's cause instead of purchasing a birthday gift
19. Encourage five people on the Strong Challenge Facebook group
20. Donate items at your local pet store (PETCO)
21. Build a house! (Habitat For Humanity)
22. Call a senior, check-in, and ask if they need help.
23. Clean a park (bring your own garbage bags)
24. Donate to the SPCA or adopt an animal
25. Do a virtual 5k for a good cause
26. Make a wish come true (Make-A-Wish Foundation)
27. Donate cash
28. Donate your time
29. Make PPE masks for childcare workers, students, seniors….
30. Say nice things on your zoom meetings this week
Write your goals on the Strong Tracking Sheet (download here) and post them in a prominent place in your home, somewhere that will remind you of your progress and commitment every day. Next, find an accountability buddy or partner who will provide the motivation you’ll need for the next few weeks (this is a critical step). Finally, join the Facebook Community Group (link here) and share your struggles, failures, and success with your new friends!